Case of the Wednesdays is composed of several wonderful women on their journey of creating and maintaining a healthy lifestyle. We invite you to follow our journeys and share your own experiences!

[The name of the group comes from the group's founder who posted a "Weight Loss Wednesday" on her own personal blog. She had such an overwhelming response from her readers, she decided to create a larger network of women on the same journey and to have posts throughout the week.]

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Jamie Week1

Because I am so new to blogging I think that keeping each week with a subject in mind will help me from rambling on and on about gaining, losing etc. Because I will.

First I will say that I am 29 years old, I have a Bachelor degree in management and currently am working as a merchandise manager for Aeropostale. I will be tying the knot in October to Blake. If I could pinpoint one thing I love especially about him it is that he has loved me unconditionally at size 16 and size 6. See I am rambling here. So my subject this week is realizing that yes I was overweight.

Always being very active in high school I never had a weight issue. Very skinny size 3 no matter how much taco bell or McDonald's I ate. But as soon as high school ended, cheerleading,softball and my 5 days a week of dance ended too. Guess what else ended? My size 3. It actually went from a 3 to a 12/14 over the summer. Really in 3 months. But I was still in this bubble where I thought I was still a 3. No I didn't buy size 3 or small shirts but I can guarantee I bought clothes that didn't fit right and didn't look good. This went on from 18 to 21. I broke up with my boyfriend of almost 5 years and started working out a lot. I lost about 40 pounds in 3 months, see the 3 month correlation here? But then life hit, college was stressing me out I worked a full time and part time job, which I still wonder why. I lived at home, I didn't have to. I think the bar tending job just fell in lap and I enjoyed it so much I couldn't stop. I ended up bar tending for 5 years actually. But anyways I had to get on anti depression meds to keep my head on straight because I suddenly became an angry whiny mess. And 3 months later I was back up 40 pounds.

But all this time I never saw a fat girl. How could I not? I was a little over 5 feet and tipping 200 pounds. I had an eye opener about 3 years ago when Blake bought me the Wii fit, and it called me OBESE. OBESE. WHAT? I said well obese isn't really obese nowadays. Excuses. But I did start dieting and lost a little. I think that my journey in general will be next weeks subject so for now here are some stats with a few things I will be sharing each week.

Current Weight 135
Weekly Change
Wins for the week: I have 2, 1. Went out to eat with inlays to Blue Canyon. I ordered lobster linguine but only ordered a half and subbed the other half with a side salad. 2. Because we were going out to eat, I knew I wouldn't bee able to hit gym after work so I got up an extra 45 mins early and did a DVD.
Opps for the week: Had a house guest and we don't share the same diet/workout passion. I wanted her to feel welcome so I skipped the gym for 2 days, ate pizza and cheesecake.
My motivators this week: Hitting a size 5!!
Weekly Goal: want to run 5.5 miles on Friday.
Long term goal: Cleveland 10k in May

Here are a few pics so you can see before and after.


Have a great rest of the week everyone. Dont beat yourself up if that pizza accidentally slips in to your mouth, just dont eat the whole pizza, the old me would have, but thats another subject:)


1 comment:

  1. I love your idea of the wins and opps for the week! What a good way to congratulate yourself as well as keep yourself in line!

    ReplyDelete