Case of the Wednesdays is composed of several wonderful women on their journey of creating and maintaining a healthy lifestyle. We invite you to follow our journeys and share your own experiences!

[The name of the group comes from the group's founder who posted a "Weight Loss Wednesday" on her own personal blog. She had such an overwhelming response from her readers, she decided to create a larger network of women on the same journey and to have posts throughout the week.]

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Randee: Week: 9

Eating Plan: Weight Watchers Points Plus/Slow Carb

Goal: Lose 50 Pounds
Weekly Weight Loss: -1.6
Total Weight Loss: -8.2 pounds
Exercise Goals: 4 times a week for at least 30 minutes each time
Weekly Exercise: 3 workouts. 1 x 45 minutes, 2 x 30 minutes
Holy Slow Carb! Lets start by saying that I weighed in early this week, after only 2 days of Slow Carb dieting. (And I carbed it up the weekend before I started….) So I thought the results were pretty impressive! I actually found my first week of slow carb to be pretty easy. I did want some bread and sugar, but I held strong and stayed on track. Even the family was in on my plan and enjoyed some new foods (like lettuce wrap tacos.)
My biggest issue has been working out. I hurt my back last week. Yes, by simply bending over to pick something up….getting older sucks…. So my sore back has slowed me down this week. I did manage to do some lighter workouts this week, but not as many as I wanted. Most of my workouts this week have been low impact and core strengthening to try to not injure my back again in the future. Hopefully this week my back will be even better and I can do even more.
I cannot wait to try some new things this week. I have been searching Pinterest to find ideas of some new foods to try. Particularly some breakfast ideas that I can make ahead of time. The slow carb diet wants you to eat breakfast within thirty minutes of waking, which is next to impossible as I get the kids ready for school. So I want to try some foods I can prepare ahead and just heat up. I also usually eat my lunch in the car on my way to work 2 days a week and that was my biggest challenge this past week. So I really have to come up with a plan for those days.
Highlights from this week: Went all slow carb and stuck with it (except on my cheat day- which was great!) I lost about a pound and a half in about 2 days on the plan.  And again- low carb all week even with all these Girl Scout cookies surrounding me….
Challenges for this week: Week 2 of Slow Carb. Gotta stay on it. I really want to give this diet at least a full month and see how I feel about it. I also need to stay on the workout plan. Even if I do 4 days of low impact and all core strengthening- exercise is exercise!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment