Case of the Wednesdays is composed of several wonderful women on their journey of creating and maintaining a healthy lifestyle. We invite you to follow our journeys and share your own experiences!

[The name of the group comes from the group's founder who posted a "Weight Loss Wednesday" on her own personal blog. She had such an overwhelming response from her readers, she decided to create a larger network of women on the same journey and to have posts throughout the week.]

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Becca - Week 2 & 3

Hi my name is Becca and this is my motivation and inspiration...


...To get to the old me. I didn't always look like this and only spent a few months like this but it was the best shape I have been in my life. Rewind back to 2008. My husband and I were enjoying life...maybe too much. We didn't have any children yet and loved to eat out. Eating out consisted of an app, entree and dessert. We were both members of the clean plate club.

It hit a breaking point when the clothes didn't fit and we were just uncomfortable and frustrated. I also knew before I ever got pregnant I wanted to loose the weight before adding more to it. So as 2009 approached we decided it was time to do something about it. We joined a gym and went every day after work for about an hour. I also joined an amazing Pilates class once a week. Over the course of the next few months the pounds just started to come off between modifying our eating habits, watching our portions and working out. It even got to the point where I didn't have to work out as much and I still lost two pounds a week. It was amazing! I realized the weight loss process isn't totally physical though..It is also mental. You need to be in the right mindset to be successful and really want it. I also knew I was an emotional eater at times if I was sad or stressed so by knowing my triggers I could better avoid situations. After about nine months I lost over 30lbs and my husband lost over 50lbs.

Fast forward now four years later...two pregnancies, job changes and a move to a different state. We are back up and it is time to tackle it again. I had our second daughter in January. I lost an initial 20lbs the first week and then the weight stuck. Would not budge! With my first I was dropping 3-5lbs a week no problem! I guess the home cooked meals were too good or something! So after 12 weeks I decided it is time. I started getting more serious on April 1st. Since April I have now lost 8.6lbs. I have had some up and down weeks. Weekends usually ruin my weeks but I am going to keep going. It feels amazing! I now have less then 10lbs to go to be at my pre-baby #2 weight. Then the hard part-tackling the baby #1 weight/moving weight!

I need to get even more serious as it continues to warm up. The challenges will be finding time for myself to work out with two small children and getting through the weekends without eating crazy amounts of calories.

My plan as of now is to do exactly what I did last time. Good old fashioned exercise and moderation of what I eat. I am still going to enjoy pizza, ice cream etc. just not as much or as often ideally. This time around I am using an app to count calories which I didn't do last time.

Exercise: elliptical, walking, Zumba, yoga and Pilates/core work are the ones I will focus on

By doing this blog I hope it keeps me even more accountable and it is something for myself. I have so many friends right now going through their own weight loss journeys it is inspiring and wonderful we can all support each other as we try to improve our health for ourselves and our loved ones.

Please join me and let's get healthy!

~Becca

4 comments:

  1. Love it Becca, I will definitely be following along! xo Lauren www.cornwellfam.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. wooo! You can do it!! (Laurel)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to get started. You are motivation to keep on trucking!

    ReplyDelete