Case of the Wednesdays is composed of several wonderful women on their journey of creating and maintaining a healthy lifestyle. We invite you to follow our journeys and share your own experiences!

[The name of the group comes from the group's founder who posted a "Weight Loss Wednesday" on her own personal blog. She had such an overwhelming response from her readers, she decided to create a larger network of women on the same journey and to have posts throughout the week.]

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Bethany--Week 2

Good evening friends!  Where did this week go?  A tad bit less of me sits here posting tonight.  Get it?  0.6 lbs less of me in fact!  Here is a recap of my week in the format I plan to use for my weekly posts:

Plan:  I'm following Weight Watchers 360.  I attend weekly meetings to weigh in and to be enlightened.  I walk away every single week feeling renewed and ready to face the next 7 days.

Scale:  I am 10.2 lbs. above my lowest weight since becoming a mom.  I'm sitting right at 149.4.  I'm trying not to let that number frustrate me, but it does.  I can't help but feel like I've failed having spent so much energy losing weight last year, keeping it off for months and then completely losing track of myself...  A number is just a number, but I also feel flabby and frumpy.  I can't wait to shed these 10 lbs and more, and to feel better!

Success:  Small goals and small successes are going to lead to reaching my big goals through big successes.  This week I succeeded in packing my lunch for a weekly mid-day Monday appointment which was a first.  Instead of indulging in Panera, I had fruit, a protein shake and some goldfish crackers!  I plan to start doing this every week.  I've realized after thinking it through that packing my lunch actually takes less time than taking kiddos into Panera, ordering and carrying it out to the car.  Plus I have more time to eat my lunch this way.  Win, win!

A second way in which I succeeded this week was that I had a social situation in which I actually stuck to my plan!  I had girlfriends over for a movie night and instead of losing track of my plan and eating more than I should, I made light popcorn and had a plate of fruit.  I think I could definitely have friends over again and stick to plan. 

Fail:  I failed this week in that I had too many sweets and not enough water.  I'm going to work on that going forward!

I also failed at exercising this week.  I need to renew our gym membership and get back in there!

Burning:  I burned 0 calories this week.  However, I am adding Weight Watchers' Active Link to my plan and I am planning to get back into the gym this week!  More about Active Link after I set it up and know what I'm doing :)

Getting There: The only "aha" moment I've had this week is that of figuring out that it takes more time to pick up lunch on Mondays than it does for me to pack.  As we get further into this journey I hope to use this section to dig a little deeper into myself and explore why I don't make myself the priority I should.

Baby Step:  My first baby step this week is that I am going to drink and record 8 glasses of water per day.  My second baby step is that I am going to set up Active Link, renew my gym membership and start making time to work out!

Big Picture:  From where I stand today I would like to lose and keep off 15 lbs.  I *think* I'm over trying to weigh what I weighed when I met my husband, Scott.  That was often my big focus in losing weight before and it was the wrong focus.  Even more than losing pounds, I would like to treat myself and my body with the love and respect it deserves daily.  I would like to make time for myself and my needs before other less important things!

Thank you for following along, for your support and love.  If you're reading this, I'd love to connect.  Let me know who you are and how you found us, and I will do my best to reply!  If you are on a journey of health and fitness yourself, let me know where you stand and how you got to where you are today.  I love to be inspired and enlightened by others' stories.

Here's to a great week ahead friends!

8 comments:

  1. Nice job on the plate of fruit! You're welcome for getting rid of those Mike & Ikes. Anything to help out a friend...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol--well I had some of those on Monday and Tuesday. Then I told my kids they could eat the rest--I just needed them gone! I can't have opened containers of candy that I like around.

      Scott and I did polish off those hershey kisses and I'm crediting them with my 0.6 lb loss. Haha!

      Delete
    2. Told you! I wish it was as easy as eating dark chocolate every night...

      My rule is that it's ok to throw away any unhealthy food; it doesn't count as wasting food.

      Delete
  2. You look great!! I know I am always stuck on a number in my mind too! But it's how we feel about ourselves. If you don't feel well then that's what gets me motivated! Very proud of you mama! We can do this together! If you want a buddy I am here for you! Let's talk soon! Not sure if you would be interested in working with my trainer? Take care

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think maybe this is Angel??? Would love to know more about your trainer :) I'm thinking I might invest in one because I'm worth it! I've worked out with them in the past and they definitely help me in the areas I most need it such as lifting weights. xoxo!

      Delete
  3. You are doing a great job! It is so hard to manage everything and find time to work out too! Hang in there--those extra pounds will be off in no time! Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete