Case of the Wednesdays is composed of several wonderful women on their journey of creating and maintaining a healthy lifestyle. We invite you to follow our journeys and share your own experiences!

[The name of the group comes from the group's founder who posted a "Weight Loss Wednesday" on her own personal blog. She had such an overwhelming response from her readers, she decided to create a larger network of women on the same journey and to have posts throughout the week.]

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Cayla -Week 2


Cayla - Week 2
 Slow and Steady Wins the Race!

Weight Loss This Week: 0 lbs

Total Weight Loss So Far: 14 lbs

Eating Plan: I am currently following the Paleo plan and discovering new healthy food every day!

Exercise Plan:  A minimum of 5 times a week at 5am Monday - Friday. One of these days is with a personal trainer.

New Weight Loss or Diet Knowledge to Share:  It has really hit me this week... If I keep putting my health, exercise and goals off I will be in the same spot I'm in now or worse three months from now. If I persist...looking back in three months I'm bound to see a change! This is helping me to not give up!

Goals This Week: Work out 5 days a week and lose 3 pounds. I have met my workout goal and I am looking to add an additional workout on Saturday. I did not lose any weight this week...I'm still not sure why.
I have lost one inch in my waist since January 7th. I haven't had a chance to measure the rest of my body...I will update this next week.

Little Victories: I had a serious addiction to Starbucks Chai Tea Latte. I went every single day without fail for months. I have gone 25 days without my Chai Tea Latte (I feel like I'm in AA!)

Overall Goals: My immediate goal is 50 pounds....I have 36 more to go. Total Goal 125 pounds...111 to go (I'm looking forward to this number getting much smaller!).

Recipe's to Share: 5 Ingredient Breakfast Stuffed Acorn Squash  (I modified this recipe a bit.) You can go to this link for the original recipe http://paleomg.com/5-ingredient-breakfast-stuffed-acorn-squash/
Prep time:  25 min
Cook time:  15 min
Total time:  40 min
Serves: 2

Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 cups Jimmy Dean's Pre cooked Turkey Sausage Crumbles
  • 1 acorn squash, cut in half, seeds removed
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 yellow onion, diced 
  • 1 garlic clove, minced
  • salt and pepper, to taste
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
  2. Place acorn squash cut-side down into a microwave safe dish with a half cup of water.
  3. Microwave for 10 minutes
  4. Remove from microwave and let cool.
  5. While your acorn squash is cooking, add a tablespoon of some kind of fat to a large pan over medium heat (I used bacon fat) then add your minced garlic and diced onion.
  6. Stir around to keep from burning.
  7. Once your onions become translucent, add your breakfast sausage to the pan.
  8. Add Acorn squash and mix everything together in the pan and get it hot
  9. Use a square baking dish and spray the bottom and sides with cooking spray. Place mixture in the dish and spread evenly.
  10.  Take 4 eggs and a splash of coconut milk and whisk together.
  11. Pour egg mixture over squash and sausage mixture in the baking sheet.
  12. Place oven to cook for 10-15 minutes or until egg-cooked preference.
  13. Serve!
I cook this recipe in advance divide it in two and then take to work the next day and heat up for breakfast. It is delicious and I feel like I'm eating potatoes!! :-)
                        
Thoughts for this week
I did not gain weight this week...so that is a victory! However, I did not lose any weight either. However, when I look in the mirror I can tell a difference in the shape of my body. I am taking a closer look at my diet and paying closer attention to portion control and eating lean meats (I have been eating a lot of pork). I am going to add an extra day of cardio for 6 days total. I have been meeting with a trainer once a week. This is really helping to keep me motivated. I love finding and trying new Paleo friendly recipes. I'm not getting discouraged yet. In fact, I'm the most motivated I've been in years. I've been getting up at 4:30am every day to go to the gym without much trouble. I find that relying on my faith and calling upon God for strength and motivation through prayer really helps to keep me on track. If I have learned nothing else in my weight struggle, I at least know that I cannot fight this battle alone. My mantra is "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength". 


2 comments:

  1. Great job with going to the gym and thanks for the recipe, i'm going to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Leslie! I love trying new recipe's! I will post a new one every week.

    ReplyDelete