Case of the Wednesdays is composed of several wonderful women on their journey of creating and maintaining a healthy lifestyle. We invite you to follow our journeys and share your own experiences!

[The name of the group comes from the group's founder who posted a "Weight Loss Wednesday" on her own personal blog. She had such an overwhelming response from her readers, she decided to create a larger network of women on the same journey and to have posts throughout the week.]

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Jamie week 2

So I just met my fiancé for lunch. On my way there listening to the radio I heard an ad. It went something like this. "We have too many risk free trials and too few risk free participants. Call this number if you want to lose pounds in days. If you want to lose up to 30 pounds call is now. Just take one of our pills a day and lose pounds in days. " I laughed out loud and said to myself blah blah blah. This ad made me change what my original subject was going to be to my new subject this week. "Gimmicks do NOT work"
I've tried them all. In my desperate mess I've taken many many pills I shouldn't have. I've believed every single one of those stupid ads and wasted lots of money. The best part was the name of the pill, company or anything g was mentioned in this ad. Just a phone number. The old me would have called it ordered it and failed.
Yes I love weight watchers. Yes it worked for me. YES it was a life style change nit a fad diet. I'm not saying everyone should join weight watchers. I'm saying everyone should find the life style change that works for them, that they can easily do and that will make you laugh at these ads.
Another laugh I had.  Now I love Dr Oz. I actually time my runs on the treadmill when he's on so I can watch it. But he had Hypnosis for weight loss. So imagine this, I'm on the treadmill, talking myself into that 5th mile, sweating like a pig and Dr Oz says literally "no need to workout with this". Bahahahaha. Then why am I doing this? Get me a magician quick. Lol!!

Wins : was so tired Friday but I set a goal last week to run 5 miles. Since I have the Nike app and it automatically uploads my runs to Facebook, I needed my blog friends to see that yes I did it. So I did it.

Opps : where to start.  My eating was fairly well but I gave in to a few bad items. The owner at Gloria Jeans gave me a free cookie so I ate it. It was $1 pretzel day at Auntie Anne's for mall employees so I ate one.
Weight 135 these last 5 pounds may be the end of me.
Goal next week : avoid $1 pretzel day and hit 5.5 miles Sunday.
Take aways: I've already learned an awesome new dish to make!!

No comments:

Post a Comment