Case of the Wednesdays is composed of several wonderful women on their journey of creating and maintaining a healthy lifestyle. We invite you to follow our journeys and share your own experiences!

[The name of the group comes from the group's founder who posted a "Weight Loss Wednesday" on her own personal blog. She had such an overwhelming response from her readers, she decided to create a larger network of women on the same journey and to have posts throughout the week.]

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Valerie~Week 2

STRESS EATING IS THE ENEMY!!!  Holy cow, this week was terrible!  I guess I should start by explaining my outburst.  I am in the process of buying a house.  Not just any house, my first house...on my own...without much guidance.  Between the credit checks, the pre-approval, lawyer e-mails, inspections, appraisals, and contracts with more zeros after the commas than I have ever seen...it is such a stressful process!  I have tried just about everything not to eat everything in site.  I do all the "right work" just to ruin it with the "wrong work".

Now on to the confession...I gained 2.3 lbs the week.  Eeek!  Not to worry, I am determined to lose that 2.3 and then some.  I have come to the conclusion that the stress eating last week was not just due to the stress of the house, but as I am trying to save money for the odds and ends that come with purchasing a house, I have not done anything for myself.  For example, I am in desperate need of a hair cut but the place I normally go for a hair cut is $80 and that comes with all the bells and whistles.  Drinks, snacks, head massage, not to mention the amazing way my hair looks when my stylist is done.  However, to save money, I have put it off.  I have put off a lot of things that I normally enjoy just to save some money.  In turn, it's making me stir crazy and I've gained weight because of it!  Grr...

This week my goal is to do something for myself to try to get this stress anxiety toned down.  If I am craving something sweet, salty, or carb loaded I am going to go to the little fitness center in my apartment complex and walk on the treadmill  or elliptical for 10 minutes at a time.  That may not sound like much, but when you multiply that by the number of cravings that I have been having any given day, it would add up to about an hour a day.  I also want to try something that I learned at Weight Watchers this week.  Our leader suggested to not use the DVR.  At first I was like "WHAT??  Not use my DVR...you have got to be crazy!"  But then she explained that you can still record your shows, just don't fast forward through them.  When a commercial pops up, get up and do something.  It could be anything like sit-ups, planks, doing the laundry, doing the dishes, anything that gets you up and moving to add activity to your TV time.  Even though this is an easy way to get activity, I think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread!  I hope that my cravings subsidize by making these little additions to my day.  Wish me luck!

Ciao,
Valerie      

 

1 comment:

  1. Great idea with bot fast forwarding! Im going to try that. Thanks

    ReplyDelete