Case of the Wednesdays is composed of several wonderful women on their journey of creating and maintaining a healthy lifestyle. We invite you to follow our journeys and share your own experiences!

[The name of the group comes from the group's founder who posted a "Weight Loss Wednesday" on her own personal blog. She had such an overwhelming response from her readers, she decided to create a larger network of women on the same journey and to have posts throughout the week.]

Monday, January 28, 2013

Leslie Week 2

Let me start by saying I lost 3 lbs this week.  I have a long way to go, but it is a great start. 

I have been drinking water and cut down my coffee from 1 cup a day- to only 2 cups all week.  I do enjoy drinking coffee and may still have 1 on my days off I have not decided yet.  I make it at home and control what is put in it. 

Exercise:

The first week I focused on food, not exercise so much.  I did go to a adult dance class on Mon. night that was great.  I have not dance like that in 11 years.  Let me tell you it kicked my butt, my feet even hurt.  Dance class is every Mon. night, I plan on going if I do not have to work.  Something I love to do and a great work out in 1 (a little mommy time alone).  I did a little exercise at home, but did not hit the gym yet.  My plan is 3 days this week Mon. Tue. and Thur.  I work at night each of those days and my gym is open after I am done.  That is the only time that I can go when I do not have the kids.  Every week will be different. 3 days for the first week is good.

Food:

Like I said the first week I focused on food.  I work at a restaurant and can eat for FREE.  I only ate from the guilt less menu, I really did not mind it.  I also brought snacks for home, so I would not eat any thing bad.  One of my new favorite snacks are almonds they make them in BBQ and other favors.  It is just like eating BBQ chips, (or so I tell myself that).  I also tried veggie sticks for the first time, not bad either.  Putting blueberries in the freezer is also one of my favorite snacks and the kids love it too.  Like I said before, I am going for a healthy life style not just a weight lose diet.  I sub out different thing that we would normally eat with better choices.  We had steak, red skin potatoes and green beans, drink water ( no butter on the beans, changed to red skin potatoes).  When I want a snack at home I get a piece of fruit. 

I will also be posting about the Biggest Loser I am doing at work, but nothing was posted yet from last week. 

Weight lose this week= 3 lbs
Weight lose so far= 3 lbs.
Ready for a great week of healthy eating, exercise and weight lose. :)




Honey Moon 2004
Goal

 

5 comments:

  1. I used to love eating frozen blueberries as a kid. I'm so happy you mentioned that! I'll have to add that to my gluten free snack list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am also trying to eat gluten free and hoping it will help my belly troubles. Any good snacks/recipes that you have would be appreciated!!

      Delete
    2. I'm pretty lame. Haha. I live on Dark Hershey's kisses, clementines, dye-free fruit snacks (one of my daughters needs to avoid red dye) and a little bit of popcorn.

      Delete
  2. ive never had a frozen blueberry. Arent they hard to eat?? lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leave then out for 1min. Then good to go. Not sure why?

    ReplyDelete