Case of the Wednesdays is composed of several wonderful women on their journey of creating and maintaining a healthy lifestyle. We invite you to follow our journeys and share your own experiences!

[The name of the group comes from the group's founder who posted a "Weight Loss Wednesday" on her own personal blog. She had such an overwhelming response from her readers, she decided to create a larger network of women on the same journey and to have posts throughout the week.]

Monday, January 28, 2013

Maureen: Week 2



With my wedding less than a week away, it's been pretty easy to stay motivated at this point. My "progress pants" are slowly inching closer to the button, and I've dropped exactly 2 pounds since last Monday.  It hasn't all been easy though. 
I'm going to work on my picture taking skills - promise.

Biggest Challenge(s): 1.) Sticking to Paleo while going out to eat for a company lunch at an amazing Italian restaurant (the Obama's had eaten there the night before for Michelle's birthday!), with homemade pasta and amazing crusty bread. 2.) Making amazing smelling and looking cookies as a thank you to a co-worker and not having even one.  Not even a piece! This was made even more difficult as the whole office raved about them.

How I overcame: 1.) While everyone else was noshing on bread, I helped myself to some olives.  Not at all the same thing, but they helped keep my mouth busy and away from the bread.  I also looked at the menu  before going to the restaurant, right after dinner the night before, so I was still full.  I was able to make a sensible choice (grilled chicken and mixed greens) on a full stomach and went into the restaurant anticipating my selection.  This really made sticking to my guns a lot easier.
2.) I cooked myself the Paleo chocolate almond coconut cookies before baking the coworker's cookies.  That way when the whole house smelled of heavenly chocolate cookies, I could have my own, healthier version without feeling deprived.

I leave in two days to spend an amazing 10 days getting married and honeymooning in Mexico, but I'll be brining my pants with me to keep me in check at the all inclusive, and will have a post recipe post scheduled for you while I'm gone.  These next two weeks are going to be a huge challenge for me, but I'm going to try to relax and enjoy as much as possible without ruining all my hard work up to this point. See you in two weeks!

4 comments:

  1. I didn't realize the wedding was so soon! My in laws live in Mexico...I can't wait to go back. I miss all that amazing food. I ate a ton while there but lost weight because (I think) I was eating non-processed, healthier foods. Have fun and congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to an all inclusive in September and it was easier than I thought. They always had fresh salads and fruit available. I indulged some but it wasnt as bad as I anticipated. Whenever we would go out to eat I would look at the menu online and pick what I was eating and never open the menu when we get there. Glad to know I wasnt being crazy lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am amazed that you could stay away from bread. Its my weakness. I could eat a whole loaf of good italian bread with butter and be the happiest girl ever. I applaud you for that!! And your body looks amazing!! Have fun on your honeymoon and congrats!! Have a margarita for me...at least one =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! Looking at the menu the night before on a full stomach is a great idea. I tend to look at the menu before I go, but I thinking looking at it after I have already eaten is a great idea. Thank you for sharing. Have a blast on your honeymoon!

    ReplyDelete