Case of the Wednesdays is composed of several wonderful women on their journey of creating and maintaining a healthy lifestyle. We invite you to follow our journeys and share your own experiences!

[The name of the group comes from the group's founder who posted a "Weight Loss Wednesday" on her own personal blog. She had such an overwhelming response from her readers, she decided to create a larger network of women on the same journey and to have posts throughout the week.]

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Randee: Week 2

Eating Plan: Weight Watchers Points Plus

Goal: Lose 50 Pounds
Weekly Weight Loss: +0.4 pounds
Total Weight Loss: None L
Exercise Goals: 4 times a week for at least 30 minutes each time

Weekly Exercise: 5 workouts. 2 x 1 hr, 2x 45 minutes, 1 x 30 minutes

So this week didn’t have the outcome I was expecting. I worked extra hard this week only to gain 0.4 pounds. I know this is a small amount- just a few ounces really. But it was disappointing none the less. I actually had tears in my eyes at my weigh in. On the bright side, I actually got off the couch and got myself moving. I worked out 5 times this week. I tried a variety of different things. I have an exercise DVD from weight watchers that I tried. I also did a day of abs and a good amount of time on my elliptical machine. I have also been drinking a lot of water!
So what did I learn…. Well, I love sweets. I would love to eat them all day. I didn’t, but I wish I could. I did follow my points plus program, but it was hard. I really need to get past the craving for these sweets!!! Then I learned that I am horribly out of shape. When I thought about it, I have no idea why this would surprise me at all. I haven’t truly exercised in 2 years. So it’s no surprise that exercise has been a shock to my body. My former trainer would have kicked my butt if he saw how out of shape I have gotten.  I also remembered that I really don’t care for exercise. I know I need it, I know it’s good for me, I know lots of things. But I don’t like it. And to be honest, it isn’t pretty. I’m not all that coordinated as I do these workout DVD’s. And then I sweat and turn bright red. At least only my kids are seeing this. Needless to say, I won’t be posting any exercise pictures!!
So as my week goes on, I plan to keep doing what I’m doing. Tracking my points and exercising. I ordered some more DVD’s to add more variety and find one I enjoy!  So I plan to have a good weight loss number to report next week and more work out info as I get new my new DVD’s in!!

2 comments:

  1. Great job on the workouts Randee. Even though your weight did not decrease this week keep it up. If you keep making the right choices and create healthy habits, the weight will come off eventually! I'm dealing with the same thing. As for your sweet craving...is there something that is a healthier option that you can substitute when the cravings get really bad? Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Randee! Long time no see :( I came across your blog on Facebook and had to comment because a few years ago I was in the same boat (wanted to lose 50lbs, love sweets, hate exercise!). I did find a few things to substitute for chocolate cravings that satisfied them just as well as the "real thing": Sugar Free Jello pudding (lots of flavors, love the dark chocolate - 60 calories), Sugar Free Jello (0 WW pts and 20 cals, lots of flavors, love the cherry), VitaTops chocolate muffin tops (100 calories, big splurge but worth it when you crave chocolate cake!, Safeway Fat Free Hot Cocoa or Hershey's Sugar Free Hot Cocoa (20 cals). I still have at least one of these treats every day and it helps stave off the cravings. It took 8 months, but I lost the 50lbs by using the elliptical trainer 5 days a week (even 20 minutes helps), walking once day a week, and lifting light weights 2x a week. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete