Case of the Wednesdays is composed of several wonderful women on their journey of creating and maintaining a healthy lifestyle. We invite you to follow our journeys and share your own experiences!

[The name of the group comes from the group's founder who posted a "Weight Loss Wednesday" on her own personal blog. She had such an overwhelming response from her readers, she decided to create a larger network of women on the same journey and to have posts throughout the week.]

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Jamie Week 9 Where is Spring?

By reading Week 9s blogs it sounds like everyone is doing great! I am so excited for everyone.
I am feeling really good. On Saturday I took a trip to Sams Club with my future Mother in law and we bought a ton of great stuff. I got my blender all situated and I have had a smoothie everyday since Sunday except today because it is my day off . I loved the recipes everyone shared. The peanut butter one kept me feeling satisfied until nearly lunch time. I have made several with all fruit, a cup of almond silk and 2 scoops of protein powder too. So that was one new thing.
The other new thing was yesterday I got up at 530am and worked out before work. It was good but I did get tired because I worked late the night before and didn't get to bed before 12am the night before. I am going to do it again tomorrow. It was nice to have the whole evening at home. Usually between my 8-5, traffic, workout, cooking dinner I'm not settled until 930 pm. It is just rough for my 1-10 shifts the night before.
I have also been planning ahead alot which is what I always did when I first started weight watchers. So the past few days for lunch Ive had fish and a salad. I cooked 4 fillets at a time so packing was easy. I just cooked 2 pieces of salmon for the next couple of days. I got a huge bag of carrots and I munch on them at work when I get hungry.
Opps; We went to the Melt today but at least I ordered a grilled chicken sandwich but only ate half. If you know anything about the Melt, its not your typical sandwich and nothing there probably even registers in points. And my wonderful fiance decided that $35 in girl scout cookies was something we needed.
Successes: I am at 4 days so far this week in workouts. Monday was crossfit, tuesday was yoga, weds was crossfit and today was spinning. Mixing it up helps keep me motivated. Also my goal last week was to avoid over eating on St Pattys Day, and I did avoid it simply because my sister in law has started crossfit too so all her snacks were fruit and veggies!
Goal: Get back on my vitamin regimen. I went nearly a year with getting sick and I think my vitamins had a lot to do with it. I have been slacking the last few weeks and what happens? I get a chest cold which I am still fighting. I ate so many oranges I started to get canker sores because I wanted that vitamin C.

1 comment:

  1. omg, I went to Melt last night! I prepped for it all week by being super strict with my diet and working out at least twice every day! I got the monte cristo and felt like pure crap when I was done (and I didn't even finish half)! All the extra hard work I did this week was so not even worth it =/

    ReplyDelete