Case of the Wednesdays is composed of several wonderful women on their journey of creating and maintaining a healthy lifestyle. We invite you to follow our journeys and share your own experiences!

[The name of the group comes from the group's founder who posted a "Weight Loss Wednesday" on her own personal blog. She had such an overwhelming response from her readers, she decided to create a larger network of women on the same journey and to have posts throughout the week.]

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Christy: Week 10

Last week can only be summed up through a list of pros & cons...here it goes:

Pro: When I exercised, I pushed myself hard...a couple sore days!
Con: Only worked out 4 days instead of the usual 5.

Pro: Ran 2.5 miles straight through without stopping (a goal of mine to accomplish at least once a week).
Con: Over indulged in eating one night when I hosted a crafting night.

Pro: Only had two beers this week.  Actually, that's really a "con" but it could have been worse!
Con: Didn't log my calories on myfitnesspal for 4 days!

Pro: Had the opportunity to skip a workout and chose the workout instead.
Con: Went to bed at 11pm or later almost every night this week...that's way too late for my health goals.

Pro: Took the kids swimming for 2 hrs one day after school & had tons of active fun.
Con: Concerned about a heart arrhythmia that has been acting up.

Pro: Successfully broke in my new running shoes.
Con: I'm so sick of the gray cold weather that it is impacting my motivation to keep the momentum going.

Pro: I didn't gain any weight.
Con: I didn't lose any either.

I WILL be buckling down this week! There is nothing on my calendar to get in my way and I cleared it with my husband that I AM going to workout 2 times a day each day this week (except Friday due to weekend plans).  I have already planned out this weeks menu (veggies burgers, fish, chicken in the crock pot) and have taken care of some things around the house so that my duties there aren't neglected. With the second work out, I know I'll be eating afterwards which is later at night than normal. Already planning to keep it healthy! I may even exercise sometime today (Sunday)!

4 comments:

  1. I'm worried about your heart and 10 workouts in one week. Please be careful friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your concern! You know about heart issues all too well :( There is actually little I can do at this point except lay off the caffine, stress, and eat balanced diet. Thankfully there are no other signs/issues associated with it and I have not been told to stop exercising (exercise is not a trigger). Adding the extra workout-in my mind- actually means I can take it easier during my workouts. I don't have to worry about cramming so much into one hour and yet I will be doing more which is why this week I want to see how it goes going twice a day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Next time just focus on the pros and forget about those cons ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I gotta think about the cons because they remind me of what I need to keep working on to improve! The point -though- is really not to dwell on them and certainly not to let them discourage me in any way! The cons are usually the "excuses" of which I am more and more less tolerant of...so I point them out...and conquer them! lol...as best I can anyways : ) Hope you're having a great spring break Allyson!

    ReplyDelete