Case of the Wednesdays is composed of several wonderful women on their journey of creating and maintaining a healthy lifestyle. We invite you to follow our journeys and share your own experiences!

[The name of the group comes from the group's founder who posted a "Weight Loss Wednesday" on her own personal blog. She had such an overwhelming response from her readers, she decided to create a larger network of women on the same journey and to have posts throughout the week.]

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Jenn Week 7


Although February is a sweet month I am excited to see it come to a close and user in March.  I have never had a case of cabin fever quite like this.  Bring on the warmer days with more daylight!

In one word how do I feel about this week’s progress:  Accomplished

High of the week: Celebrating my 32nd birthday.

Low of the week:  Not making it to the Y as many times as I had planned. 

Weight loss this week:  .6 lb

Total weight loss since: 1/20/13 6 lbs

Inches lost this month: N/A

Total inches lost since: 1/20/13 N/A

New exercises tried:  I tried a class called Body Sculpt this week.  Using medicine balls, rubber bands and your own body weight you go through a series of exercises that aim to tone and strengthen the body.  I enjoyed the class and it was a good way to add in another session of strength training for the week. 

Things that fueled me:   No new recipes this week. 

A few added thoughts: With my birthday this week I am overall very happy with the loss of .6 lbs.  There were a few meals out at restaurants and the delicious yellow cake with chocolate frosting that my husband makes me each year.  (My favorite birthday tradition by the way.)  In the past these festivities could have lead to over indulging and gaining weight.  However, with my focus over the last few years being about a life style change and not a diet or a short ended goal I found enjoying myself did not have to come with self sabotage.  It was all about moderation and finding a balance.  And to be honest until I sat down to type out this post and took time to reflect over this past week  I hadn't given my choices much thought.   Living a balanced life is now part of who I am.  I still indulge a little; everyone needs to now and again. Sometimes you just need to have a cheese burger and ice cold beer and no substitution will do! Lol  But my daily choice is to fuel my body with a healthy balanced diet and challenge it with daily exercise, even if it’s only 30 mins
The scale my not reflect that I have hit my goal weight,   the tag inside my jeans may contain a number higher than I’d like to see.  But what I have learned and the progress I have made cannot be measured by such simple means.   I like the woman I have become by my 32nd birthday and am proud of the progress I have made on my journey so far.   

1 comment:

  1. Happy belated Birthday! I ressonate with your post especially the part about all the learning that is going on during the weightloss proces! I'm constantly having "a-ha" moments which then cause me to tweak here & there whether it's about food, exercise, or how I can push myself further.

    ReplyDelete