Case of the Wednesdays is composed of several wonderful women on their journey of creating and maintaining a healthy lifestyle. We invite you to follow our journeys and share your own experiences!

[The name of the group comes from the group's founder who posted a "Weight Loss Wednesday" on her own personal blog. She had such an overwhelming response from her readers, she decided to create a larger network of women on the same journey and to have posts throughout the week.]

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Christy: Week 7

My weeks always seem to start off with a bang but by the time the weekend hits, I find myself slacking just enough to gently curb any significant weight loss I've acrued. I'm not saying by any means I'm disappointed in my progress. However, when you've seen the scale at 151.5 on Tuesday but it's at 153 on Saturday it becomes obvious that I am taking the "losses" for granted.  This week was more of a regular week for me. The kind of week I see myself having on a more daily basis once my goal weight is reached. I worked out 4 days (Usually I've been doing 5) for an hour each. The grunting & sweating continue to be alive and well as I push myself at every work out.  My husband actually called me "addicted" this week! Ha ha ha ha! I think he has this current view of me because he is my main source of unloading in terms of talking about my weight loss journey in great detail! I've confessed to him how exhilarating it is to work out really hard, giving my all. I actually like how the sweat feels when it is dripping from my arms, down the front & back of my shirt. I love how my work out clothes are getting larger on me! I used to wear them (when I wasn't exercising) because they were comfortable and they made me look slimmer (at least so I thought). It is really amazing how far I've come. Hardly being able to run a half mile without stopping in those first weeks back in September. Then hitting the mile mark. I thought that would always be my bar. Until that too became easy to do after a few weeks and with pushing myself- and thus breaking through mental barriers- I am now regularly running 2 miles without stopping every day I work out (avg. 8-12 miles/week). I'm looking forward to buying new running shoes soon!

Back to my husband saying I'm addicted. I use my fitness pal to log my calorie intake and output.  I know for a fact that I'm not addicted... because I don't use mfp every day (hence why I end up slacking on the weekends). BUT I'm also not addicted because...I'm enthusiastic! I am excited to learn about what I'm putting into my body in a way in which I've never previously thought about. For instance, I like white rice but I "hear" that brown rice is better for you. So, we eat brown rice which is not my favorite but it's not horrible either. However, when I saw that a cup of brown rice was 200+ calories I was shocked AND compelled to blurt out my surprise at the high calorie count! Lately this is a normal scenario in our house...me sharing what I'm learning with my family. Which is why they are starting to think I'm a little nut-so with this my fitness pal! 

The good news is that I have seen the positive impact I'm having on my kids. My kids tend to be very active and healthy eaters to begin with. However, there have been times when they want to "play-exercise" like Mommy exercises. They click on the workout app on my phone and mimic the exercises like jumping jacks, sit ups, etc. The kids also ask me "Is this healthy to eat?" and we have conversations about the importance of balance in their choices and portion sizes. They know why Mommy is trying to "get skinny" so to speak which is so that I can be active along side them and live healthy to live longer!

I am going to strive to take advantage of this week, working out 5 days for an hour each. I am going to try to run at least one day for 2 and a half miles straight. Its time I try to push the envelope. I'm also going to increase my squats and bring back lunges (I took a 2wk break from lunges because they are hard on my right knee). I need to stop drinking alcohol! This past week I had 3 beers & 3 glasses of wine. I've been very good about not drinking my calories but the social events creeped in and took over the best of me! Back to water & tea only!  I need to grocery shop with a plan. I usually do however, I've been putting off shopping until the first of the month which led to eating out (which is very unusual for us).

My one regret this week is that I should have gone grocery shopping earlier.  Having food in the house would have permitted me to be prepared for a couple outings the kids & I shared without stopping to eat.  It would have also made me more prepared for Friday without meat during lent. Friday sure snuck up on me!

I lost 1 lb this week.  I was really hoping to lose 2 as I had seen the numbers on the scale earlier in the week but today's weight reflected more the reality of the whole week. I am still in complete shock that I am 153! I was thrilled 2 wks ago when I hit 155...just in awe. I am on cloud 9 about being at this point. I'm not ready to settle yet,  though,  I do feel so good.  Not ready to say this journey is over since I'm interested to see if I can reach my dream goal!

Let's see some good numbers this week! Lucky #7 right?

2 comments:

  1. I here ya- I feel like I do awesome Monday through Friday lunch, then I feel entitled to freedom on the weekends and it totally blows my whole week of discipline. It really just comes down to us making sure we stay disciplined over the weekend too =/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am at a point that I completely know when I'm making poor choices and my body reacts accordingly. Its as if I'm unconscioiusly trying to test myself, test my body to see how it will feel/react if I do stray from the routine of M-F. I am interested in trying to find that "sweet" spot (no pun intended) where I can enjoy the splurges without the consequences....assuming this is possible to begin with?? I actually like my weekday routine but the weekends are so different and it is testing me!

    ReplyDelete