Case of the Wednesdays is composed of several wonderful women on their journey of creating and maintaining a healthy lifestyle. We invite you to follow our journeys and share your own experiences!

[The name of the group comes from the group's founder who posted a "Weight Loss Wednesday" on her own personal blog. She had such an overwhelming response from her readers, she decided to create a larger network of women on the same journey and to have posts throughout the week.]

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Randee: Week 8

Eating Plan: Weight Watchers Points Plus

Goal: Lose 50 Pounds
Weekly Weight Loss: -0.2
Total Weight Loss: -6.6 pounds
Exercise Goals: 4 times a week for at least 30 minutes each time
Weekly Exercise: 4 workouts. 1 x 45 minutes, 3 x 30 minutes
So another okay week. I’m happy to say that I have continued the work outs and even managed to not gain weight. (If you saw how many Girl Scout cookies are in my house, you would be impressed also….) I also had a girl’s night out at Bunco! So, while it wasn’t a horrible week, it certainly wasn’t a great week. I have been on Weight Watchers for so long, I can’t even think about how long it has been. And I’m  bored with it at this point. Stuck in a rut….
So this coming week, I am taking a new approach. I’m going Slow Carb. This is a low carb diet with several restrictions that you follow 6 days a week and then have a cheat day. I have heard that people have good results, so I’m trying it. I have been thinking of doing low carb for a while because as you get rid of all those carbs, you crave them less over time. And I could use that. Plus, this approach lets me have carbs once a week so I don’t have to say goodbye to Ice Cream and Chocolate forever.
I have done low carb before, but missed those carby foods, so I never stuck with it. I am hoping this different approach will help me stick it out longer. Now, I will still be weighing in at weight watchers and trying to keep track of some points. I want to choose healthy, low carb foods. Plus, I need to keep going with Weight Watchers in order for my benefits costs to not continue to increase at work!
Highlights from this week: Managed to lose a little with Girl Scout cookies all around me. Kept on my exercise plan.
Challenges for this week: Going Slow Carb! Need to say goodbye to those simple carbs and eat some nice healthy proteins and veggies. Will be trying some new low carb recipes for the whole family. And somehow I injured my back the other day and its still really sore- so a good workout is a challenge at the moment!! (A sign that I'm getting older?)

1 comment:

  1. woohoo! I'm so excited you're trying out low-carb!! I'll get you a few of my favorite go-to recipes!

    I try to stay pretty low carb throughout the week thinking I'll give myself a 'cheat day' on the weekend...but lately the whole weekend (Friday evening though Sunday) has turned into cheats! It helps me to plan menus for the week and to keep low carb snacks readily available.

    Excited to hear how this is going to work out for you!

    ReplyDelete