Case of the Wednesdays is composed of several wonderful women on their journey of creating and maintaining a healthy lifestyle. We invite you to follow our journeys and share your own experiences!

[The name of the group comes from the group's founder who posted a "Weight Loss Wednesday" on her own personal blog. She had such an overwhelming response from her readers, she decided to create a larger network of women on the same journey and to have posts throughout the week.]

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Cayla - Week 7

Cayla Week 7
Weight Loss This Week:1 pound

Eating Plan: I am currently following the Paleo plan and discovering new healthy food every day!
Exercise Plan: A minimum of 5 times a week at 5am Monday - Friday. One of these days is with a personal trainer. 
Overall Goals: My immediate goal is 50 pounds....I have 34.4 more to go. Total Goal 125 pounds...109.4 to go.
Recipe's to Share: I made this recipe this week and it didn't turn out quite right for me. I think it might be because I did not use a salad spinner. If you try this recipe please let me know how it turns out. Mine had great flavor but was not crisp at all.




Original recipe makes 6 servings 

Directions

  1. Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a non insulated cookie sheet with parchment paper.
  2. With a knife or kitchen shears carefully remove the leaves from the thick stems and tear into bite size pieces. Wash and thoroughly dry kale with a salad spinner. Drizzle kale with olive oil and sprinkle with seasoning salt.
  3. Bake until the edges brown but are not burnt, 10 to 15 minutes.
Thoughts for This Week:
The past two weeks have been rough. I have been traveling for work and on top of that was very sick. I'm still not 100% due to a cough that won't go away and having trouble breathing. I started back to the Gym on Monday which was the first time in two weeks. The good thing is I didn't gain any wait. However, I feel that I lost momentum. I get up at 4:30am every weekday morning to go to the gym. Before I got sick I got up without fail and did not feel tired and was geared up to get my day started. Now, I can barley drag my butt out of bed and constantly feel tired. I'm forcing myself to go anyway and hoping that things start to improve again. I will meet with my trainer again starting next Wednesday. I've really got to get my eating under control. I'm attempting to follow the Paleo plan but keep having little cheats that lead to bigger cheats. Since I have felt so tired I have not had a desire to cook or mess with the food prep. That being said, I've been eating anything that is easily accessible, which tends to not be healthy. I''m putting so much effort, time and money into going to the gym that I really need to get my eating back on track. I am going to start writing everything morsel that goes into my mouth into a journal. I'm hoping that this will help to keep me more accountable.

1 comment:

  1. hi Cayla! sometimes we have to literally take one-day-at-a-time! it may also help to spend some time on Sunday planning out your week, your meals, and so on. then you can truly concentrate on each day individually because you've already planned for the week. and i can tell you, counting my calories has been the single most helpful change to my lifestyle in terms of losing weight. it has helped me change bad habits and curb other habits just enough to make a difference. simple things like measuring my creamer for my coffee. I used to "just pour some in" but now I measure out a Tablespoon-which really is the perfect amount! shaving a few calories here & there IS a big deal. you can use Myfitnesspal.com which is completely private unless you "friend" people. it is better than just keeping a journal because it does the calculating for you! just some thoughts to add and hopefully help boost your excitment to get back into the swing of things! hope you're back to 100% soon too!

    ReplyDelete