Case of the Wednesdays is composed of several wonderful women on their journey of creating and maintaining a healthy lifestyle. We invite you to follow our journeys and share your own experiences!

[The name of the group comes from the group's founder who posted a "Weight Loss Wednesday" on her own personal blog. She had such an overwhelming response from her readers, she decided to create a larger network of women on the same journey and to have posts throughout the week.]

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Jamie Week 8 sticking with Crossfit

I believe that Crossfit is what will take me to the next level of fitness. Did that sound good because what I really mean is I hope it takes away the jiggle in my abs and thighs.
I am still having a hard time grasping the concept of Crossfit. It is very short workouts but they are hardcore give it every thing you have. So today it was 5 shoulder presses 10 deadlifts 15 box jumps repeated as many times as possible for 10 minutes. I was dripping sweat when it was done and my whole body was shaking. The funny part was that I tried talking the trainer into giving me more weight than he did and he refused. Im glad he refused.
The thing about this Crossfit gym and Im not sure if its like this everywhere but its like your own personal trainer. They decide  what weights, what workout, how long, how many times, check your form and cheer you on. I left today saying I think ill just get used to the soreness 7 days a week. haha
I also on Monday still attended step aerobics for 45 minutes and bootcamp for an hour. I even added an extra step in aerobics and about half way through was feeling the pain. The next day was so bad. I  grunted with every little move. At bootcamp we say you know it was a good workout when it hurts to sit on the toilet. We call it the toilet test. It hurt really bad to sit on the toilet on tuesday.
Last week I was really sore as well so I took a yoga class Friday morning. It was heavenly. The room was heated to 90 degrees so all my muscles loosened right up and the yoga released tension and stretched my muscles and I could go on about how great it was. I was in a great mood all day. It happened to be my day off, so I went home and worked on laundry and hung out on the couch.
So last week I worked out 6 days, this week I will make it 5. I feel good.
The trainer at Crossfit told me not to focus on weight but losing inches now. So we took my measurements and I will check back in a couple weeks with how I am doing. wish me luck!! I hope everyone has a great week, stay positive, stay strong. Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels. A fellow weight watcher taught me that.
Opps: One of the girls at work was promoted so we got her a cake and I ate 2 big pieces. But it was only one day. Its ok.
Wins: 6 days a week I worked out!
Goal: Sunday my sister in law is having a St Pattys party at her house and I always overeat at these things. I need to eat then step away from the buffet area because I linger and I munch.

No comments:

Post a Comment