Case of the Wednesdays is composed of several wonderful women on their journey of creating and maintaining a healthy lifestyle. We invite you to follow our journeys and share your own experiences!

[The name of the group comes from the group's founder who posted a "Weight Loss Wednesday" on her own personal blog. She had such an overwhelming response from her readers, she decided to create a larger network of women on the same journey and to have posts throughout the week.]

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Allyson | I'm Alive!



I'm alive; I'm still here! I actually began a post in a Word doc for April 10, but other things came up and I never did finish it (I’ll complete it and share next week).  I have just had a crazy busy month and blogging was the last thing on my mind. Unfortunately, not having the accountability of blogging took its toll on my healthy lifestyle.  The downward spiral began at Easter...the wonderful celebration of Christ's death and resurrection consisted of sweet treats out the wazoo! Once I was back on the Sugar Train it was hard to get off. I kept up with my workouts (including 30 Day Shred), tried to hit my FitBit goals, but slacked on tracking my food and indulged in desserts a bit too much. I kept justifying why it was okay to be devouring everything sweet in sight (I deserved it after being under so much stress; that time of the month was coming up; I should just eat all of the chocolate now so it makes its way out of the house sooner; and I listened to Tom and Donna when they told me, “Treat yo self!”).


My workouts came to a halt last week when I was in a fender bender.  My poor car suffered nearly $9,000 worth of damage (ahem, my 2012 car!), but thankfully I’ve only suffered from a sore neck and back.  I have been to my chiropractor several times in the past week and he has suggested I “take it easy” and that I don’t participate in activities that involve running, jumping, or free-weights.  I’m thinking, “I’m strong, I don’t need to take it easy. I got this.”  Tsk tsk. Wrong. Last Friday I went to Zumba and, even though I honestly did take it easy as far as Zumba goes, I had a headache the rest of the day.  On Sunday Colin and I played tennis and my lower back screamed with pain, but I pushed through until I hurt my shoulder from an overly advantageous back-hand. Okay, I guess I really should take it easy.

“Taking it easy” would be an easy excuse to do nothing.  But I refuse to let that be the case. There are plenty of activities I can still do that won’t affect my back or neck including the elliptical, biking, some pilates, and walking.  Brinkley will appreciate the walking, Colin will enjoy the biking, and my booty will benefit from the elliptical (check out this elliptical interval workout…you’ll almost die). 

I am hopping off the Sweets Train and will remain stationed for four days. (I have plans on Saturday that will probably include an indulgent sweet so I’m not even going to pretend like I won’t take part.) I am back to tracking my food, recording it on my FitBit Dashboard and living up to my FitBit goals. 

Even though I haven’t been blogging, I have been following the other ladies and have found new motivation from them! One of the gals has proposed a do-not-look-at-the-scale-until-June-challenge and I have accepted. Hopefully my body and clothes will be indicators enough of that I'm back on track with my healthy lifestyle.


No comments:

Post a Comment