Case of the Wednesdays is composed of several wonderful women on their journey of creating and maintaining a healthy lifestyle. We invite you to follow our journeys and share your own experiences!

[The name of the group comes from the group's founder who posted a "Weight Loss Wednesday" on her own personal blog. She had such an overwhelming response from her readers, she decided to create a larger network of women on the same journey and to have posts throughout the week.]

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Christy: Week 14

Even though the weather did not act very "spring like" this weekend, I still decided to wear capris to church today. Not just any capris either. Three years ago this June, I bought these cute-peach-color-lands end-capris to wear at a family reunion. At that time I was still breast feeding my son and I was one of those 'lucky' ones who lost all the baby weight from nursing (the unfortunate part was that I gained it all back when I kept eating as though I was still nursing! ugh!). Needless to say, I wore these pants all of 2-3 times before they became too small. On and off I'd try them on again and each time I could barely get them up my thighs much less come near to zippering closed. But today...today...they not only fit GREAT...but were loose!

Today it did not matter what the number on the scale read. It felt so good to be able to get into these pants and put them to use! THIS is what the journey for me has been about. It feels so satisfying to wear clothes that fit well! It sounds weird but I realized that because I spent less time fidgeting with my clothes: wondering if my shirt was covering my butt each time I stood up, or sucking in my tummy to reduce the rolls spilling over my lap...because I finally fit into my clothes I was able to spend more time focusing on the messages during the church service.

In fact, I've been able to spend much more time focusing on the things that matter...because I'm no longer focused on how "off" I have felt when I weighed heavier than I am now. I didn't like how I felt on a regular basis and this was communicated (without words) in the ways I interacted with my husband, my kids, and others. I may be spending time now exercising or counting calories. But this is time that can be quantified...unlike the constant feeling of depression due to poor self esteem. The latter sucked up much more of my time & energy than any time & energy spent currently on my weight loss journey. The outcomes of a happier Mom, Wife, Woman are unmeasurable!

I don't live by the number on the scale but I don't mind it either since my brain sometimes needs to see that number to keep things in perspective. Even if that number doesn't reflect how you physically feel or what you wanted to see, there is always the pants! The pants don't lie :)

This week I worked hard. Out of honor and respect for the Boston Marathon runners, I ran my own 5K on the treadmill on Tuesday. On Thursday I met another goal of mine which was to exercise twice in one day. Ran 2.75 miles in the morning and another 2 in the evening. My legs were so tired! Worked out 5 days and went to bed before 10pm at least twice-though I NEEDED more sleep!

I kept my eating very consistent too. A typical day last week went like this:
Breakfast: 1/3 Cup granola cereal with a 1/3 cup vanilla soy and 1/3 Kellogg's vanilla protein shake.
Lunch: Two peanut butter mini bagels, 5-7 baby carrots with hummus.
Snack: 2 Toll house cookies, half piece of fruit
Dinner: 4-6oz of turkey sausage, steamed veggie, piece of fruit
Beverages all day: water and/or tea

I don't have any particular regrets from this past week nor do I have any goals for the week ahead.
Hmmm, that might make for an interesting week! lol... I hope that everyone strives to feel good because it will make a positive difference in your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment