Case of the Wednesdays is composed of several wonderful women on their journey of creating and maintaining a healthy lifestyle. We invite you to follow our journeys and share your own experiences!

[The name of the group comes from the group's founder who posted a "Weight Loss Wednesday" on her own personal blog. She had such an overwhelming response from her readers, she decided to create a larger network of women on the same journey and to have posts throughout the week.]

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Christy: Week 12

This past week I followed in Allyson's and other's footsteps as it was SPRING BREAK! Actually, I saw it as a test for living day to day without majorly focusing on working out or counting calories.

While I ate plenty of things that I normally wouldn't since starting my weight loss regime (i.e. Easter candy, multiple brownies in one day) and I broke many of the rules I've created for myself (i.e. eating late at night, drinking lots of alcohol to name a few), I still ended up fairing pretty well. I only gained back 1 pound!

On the flip side, I was no couch potato! I took the kids swimming twice, went to the gym once, ran outside (for the first time in 7 years) twice! Walked the Cleveland zoo and spent a lot of time outdoors getting a start on yard work.

I won't lie...I missed the weights. I missed the sweating. I missed my exercise routine of cardio, then crunches, then squats/lunges, and so on. I am looking forward to tomorrow...and so is my son who has been asking to go to the tot room!

It was a nice break...a needed break! In the back of my mind I needed to know "how far I've come" in terms of changing my bad eating habits into good ones. I needed to know how I would respond when tempted. I needed to know where my supports were (I have to give a shout out to my neighbor Julie & my Mother In Law whose conscientious efforts helped prevent me for being tempted while I was a guest in their homes! I thank you for it!). 

I encourage everyone to go on a "break" especially if they've found themselves in a rut or looking for a different kind of challenge. You don't need kids in your life to deserve a break, a change of pace.

I have only one regret from this week and it involved consuming a whole chocolate rabbit. My apologies to the rabbit! Lol.

I am exactly 150lbs. I like where I'm at. This week I plan to get back into my old routine but include at least one run outside weather permitting. If I run outside then I can focus on weights when I'm at the gym. Something I'm going to work towards increasing.
I got an ipod shuffle this week(belated birthday gift) and plan to load it up with motivating music. If anyone wants to comment with their favorite artists, I'd appreciate it!

Welcome back to the journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment