Case of the Wednesdays is composed of several wonderful women on their journey of creating and maintaining a healthy lifestyle. We invite you to follow our journeys and share your own experiences!

[The name of the group comes from the group's founder who posted a "Weight Loss Wednesday" on her own personal blog. She had such an overwhelming response from her readers, she decided to create a larger network of women on the same journey and to have posts throughout the week.]

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Jenn: I'm still here!

I just wanted to pop by and say I'm still here!  I've been absent for a few reason but the major one being I have been faced with another injury and to say it's been discouraging is an understatement.  Truthfully, the situation pisses me off!  Close to 3 weeks ago I tore my left calf muscle during a Zumba class.  It had been bothering me for about a week, it felt like there was a charlie horse in it that just wouldn't form.  Well during the second song of the class I felt a large pop and major pain.  I am thankful to be off of the crutches and able to work it a little bit.  Recovery is going to be a long process.
There is a bit of good news that I'd like to share.  Even with my recent set back I have been able to consistently loose weight.  I purchased a pair of jeans a moth ago, didn't try them on at the store and when I got home and tried them on they would not zip, bummer.  I never got around to returning them and the other night I decided to try them on and see if any progress had been made.  To my surprise the fit!  They are a bit snug but they fit!  I've only been able to do light work outs mostly arms and core but I've really been focused on my diet.
Moral of the story, if you are facing a set back do not use it as an excuse to just let loose and give up for a while.  Stay focused and good work can still be done.
I am looking forward to getting back to harder and more regular workouts, it's my therapy.  I'll also be back to posting more regularly, at a minimum every other week.    My format just might change a bit.  Stay tuned and have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment