Case of the Wednesdays is composed of several wonderful women on their journey of creating and maintaining a healthy lifestyle. We invite you to follow our journeys and share your own experiences!

[The name of the group comes from the group's founder who posted a "Weight Loss Wednesday" on her own personal blog. She had such an overwhelming response from her readers, she decided to create a larger network of women on the same journey and to have posts throughout the week.]

Monday, June 10, 2013

Becca - Week 6&7

Well the past two weeks have been quite the roller coaster! Week 6 I had an awesome week. Ate well and did my  Zumba workout. I felt great! When I stepped on the scale for the week I had almost lost 3lbs! I was shocked! I was so excited! I am only 6lbs away from my pre-baby number 2 weight and she isn't even 5 months old! Wow it is an amazing feeling! I wish I had done this well after baby number 1! I even went to the pool that week and wore a swimsuit and even though it isn't where I want to be I was proud of myself for wearing the swimsuit and not being self conscious and comparing myself to everyone else like I have in the past. I did after all just have a baby and can use that excuse for a little longer. Also having pants that fit correctly make a world of difference on how I feel.

Week 7 was a whole different story. I got pretty sick one day and on top of that the baby started not sleeping well and was getting up every two hours so I did not get the much needed rest required to feel better. So at that point I was just trying to eat whatever sounded good since I didn't feel like eating much cause of my bad cold. This past week has just been a getting by week. I ended up a pound from my three but I will take it since I didn't workout or eat the best. I am still close to my first major goal and I really don't want to undo everything so I will keep doing my best as I continue to get better.

In other news I finally got my husband to join the MyFitnessPal app and he is starting to be more active in his fitness and eating better routine so that will help me too in making better food decisions and not doing impulse mocha stops and such. We were just talking about how great it is because it really makes you look at the fast food and beverages in another way and if it is really worth that many calories to consume whatever you are considering getting. It also helps pick possibly a better food option in the process. Nothing's perfect but it is a start!



-Becca

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so awesome. Way to have fun at the pool in your suit and NOT worry about comparing yourself. You are teaching your girls a great lesson by being self confident!! Good job and good luck on reaching your goal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much! That is my hope!

    ReplyDelete